Monday, June 16, 2014

News For My Fellow Metalheads and Horror Fans... and BRIDES OF PROPHECY fans...

I know some of you follow my blog for my horror movie and metal related posts (I'm so sorry I haven't done any in awhile. I'll have to make up for that soon.)
 
Anyway, after hearing all about my romance novels, I am please to announce that I had a short story accepted into the heavy metal horror anthology, AXES OF EVIL II: RISE OF THE METAL GODS.

AXES OF EVIL I is HERE!

So Metal!!!
I am beyond excited because I wrote the story years ago, and though it won 1st place in the Idaho Writer's League state competition, I really didn't find a home for it. It was too short, and it wasn't a romance.

So it languished on my hard drive until the awesome Alex Johnson sent me the invite to submit a story to a heavy metal horror anthology. I was all, "OMFG, I HAVE a story about a metal band in a haunted church!!" So I immediately bought the first AXES and went to polishing up the tale.

I was worried that the story, which I now call "Tesemini" (It's the Kootenai word for Spirit Lake, Idaho, the place where the story takes place) would not be accepted because it really isn't that scary. 

First off, it's kind of a prequel to WRENCHING FATE (Brides of Prophecy, Book 1) and the characters were already who they were. One of them is biologically incapable of fear. 

Second off, many of the stories in Axes I are delightfully gory, but you can't get very gory with ghosts.

Mine kinda has a Scooby-Doo feel so I just rolled with it.

So when the editor, Alex S. Johnson, emailed me and let me know that the story was accepted, I was all, "No way, really?"

He said, "I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was an instant hit with me. It wasn't Friday the 13th scary for sure, but it did have ghosts, possession and, most important, METAL. And I was smiling all the way through."

YAY!!!

So to my fellow horror fans check out AXES I and look forward to reading my story in AXES II

Fans of my Brides of Prophecy series, check out WRENCHING FATE and look forward for more adventures of Rage of Angels in AXES II!  I'll keep you all posted.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment