Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What's Happening in 2014



This may be my most exciting year yet.
 
I'm kicking off 2014 by officially hanging out my shingle as a freelance editor. I've been doing editorial work on and off for a few years and figure it's a good time to generate some business. I already have my first client of the year.
 
 
I am also venturing into the wild world of indie publishing and releasing my first urban fantasy romance, WRENCHING FATE on February 14th. I'll go into further detail on that decision in future posts but for now, here's the cover:



 
I'll also be looking forward to receiving Proofs and ARCs for ONE BITE PER NIGHT!! I am beyond thrilled.
 
Another thing that has my pulse pounding is the fact that I'll be attending RT 2014!!!! It'll be my first convention ever and I decided to go BIG. It's been my dream to visit New Orleans since I read my first Anne Rice novel, and I've been wanting to attend a romance convention and meet other authors ever since I started writing romance. So RT this year will be a dream come true.
 
My agent is currently shopping my heavy metal romance novel, for now titled, HIS ROADIE. With any luck I may be signing another book contract. 
 
Also, I've sent my editor the pitch and first chapter of a 4th Regency Paranormal romance. 
 
TONS of editing. Between freelance work and editing my own projects, I think I'll do twice as much editing as I did in 2013.... which was a lot.
 
Thankfully, I'll also be doing a bunch of writing. If my editor likes what she sees, I'll write a 4th Regency Paranormal romance. Most likely I'll be working on a 2nd Heavy Metal Romance as well.
 
ONE BITE PER NIGHT releases in August. With all the delays it's been a torturous wait, but I hope it proves to be worth it to my readers.
 
I also might be releasing Brides of Prophecy book 2, IRONIC SACRIFICE at the end of the year, or the beginning of next year, depending on the release schedules for my other books.
 
I'm already short of breath from sharing all this news and have no idea how I'm going to sleep tonight.

In other news, my doctor decided to up my Xanax prescription. No, I'm not joking. 
 
What exciting things lay ahead for you this year?  

1 comment:

  1. Brooklynn,

    so happy to hear about all the upcoming books! Readers will be delighted, and Coeur d'Alene won't know what hit our little city by the lake.

    And enjoy the con.

    ReplyDelete