Friday, July 19, 2013

Avon Tasty Summer Reads Blog Hop




I got tagged by the lovely Ashlyn Chase in the Avon Tasty Summer Reads Blog Hop. Here's her post and how it works:

Each author invites up to five other authors to answer five questions about their

current summer release or WIP and a tasty recipe that ties into it!

Then give a short description of your WIP/Release including the date of release. Then answer these five questions:

1)When writing are you a snacker? If so, sweet or salty?
2) Are you an outliner or someone who flies by the seat of their pants? Are they real pants or jammies?
3)When cooking or baking, do you follow the recipe exactly or wing it?
4) What is next for you after this book?
5) Last Question...on a level of one being slightly naughty to ten being whoo whoo steamy, where does your book land?

And then your summer recipe!

Okay, here goes: I'll soon be doing final edits on my 2nd Regency Paranormal romance, ONE BITE PER NIGHT which releases March 4th, 2014. It's available for pre-order on Amazon

Here's a quick description: When Vincent Tremayne, Earl of Deveril and Lord Vampire of Cornwall, becomes guardian to Lydia Price, he vows to get her off his hands as soon as possible. But once Lydia sets eyes on the enigmatic earl, she is determined to win his heart …for eternity. 

The first book in the series, BITE ME, YOUR GRACE, is available now.



Now for these fun questions:

1) When writing are you a snacker? If so, sweet or salty?

Usually I drink Red Bull, tea, or hard cider while I write. However, if I snack, it's definitely salty. Peanuts, sunflower seeds, rice cakes, and chips are my faves.


2) Are you an outliner or someone who flies by the seat of their pants? Are they real pants or jammies?

I work from a basic outline that I steadily expand, but many scenes are written by the seat of my pants... or jammies, or fuzzy bathrobe.

3) When cooking or baking, do you follow the recipe exactly or wing it?

I cook to taste so when I read a recipe I usually know right away that it needs more garlic, butter, herbs, etc. Recipes are usually just a base I use to expand my culinary creativity.

4) What is next for you after this book?

Book 3, BITE AT FIRST SIGHT releases September 2014. For fans of my series, I am pleased to tell you that it is Rafe's story. When the scarred, surly Spanish vampire encounters a grave-robbing Countess, sparks fly. 

5) Last Question...on a level of one being slightly naughty to ten being whoo whoo steamy, where does your book land?

I hate to sound trite, but I think mine are somewhere between. It really depends on the characters. I'm pretty sure that Book 2 is steamier than my first. Even though the Lord Vampire of Cornwall is way more of a sweetie than the Lord of London (the hero of book one), he is WAAAAY naughtier when the clothes come off! I blushed so much writing those scenes! 

Now for my summer recipe!

Japanese Pickled Cucumbers: A sweet n' tart treat to cool you off in the hot weather:



Ingredients:

Cucumbers
Seasoned Rice Vinegar
Sesame Oil
Sesame Seeds
Sugar
Salt

Peel and half cucumbers.
Using a spoon, scoop out seeds then slice the cucumber halves.
Place cucumber slices in a bowl.
Pour in enough rice vinegar to reach halfway to the top of the cucumbers
Sprinkle a bit of sugar and salt
Drizzle w' sesame oil
Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Adjust oil, vinegar, sugar, and salt, to taste.

Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

Okay, now to tag 5 authors.

I'm tagging Shona Husk!

2 comments: