Friday, February 10, 2012

Check Out My New Writing Aid! (Metalheads pay extra attention!)


I get a lot of inspiration from music. Whenever I have writer's block, I often plug in my MP3 player and listen to my favorite bands for hours. This has worked great for my urban fantasy and contemporary romances, but with my regencies, not so well. Because, face it. Historical romances just aren't metal. It's not their fault the electric guitar wasn't invented yet.

I found a way around this problem. It was under my damn nose the whole time. When planning my wedding, I had to be clever with the music. I didn't want to traumatize my grandparents. The solution? String Quartet tributes to my favorite bands.


We look smug because not only were we just married, we were walking down the aisle to Iron Maiden, and only a few people realized it. 



Here's a few good ones they sound so pretty!

                                                                     Tool: "Parabol"


                                                      IRON MAIDEN: "Aces High"


              METALLICA: "One" (I'm surprised they didn't break their violin strings near the end of the song)


                         LED ZEPPLIN: "Stairway to Heaven." This one's so beautiful I got teary-eyed.


And OMG OMG OMG!!! There's even MEGADETH!!!!!! (They're my favorite, can't you tell?) :)


There's also string tributes to AC/DC, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Guns n' Roses, Slayer...I could go on forever. Just google "String Tribute" and you'll find all sorts of awesomeness.

My muse is pleased! 

No comments:

Post a Comment