Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Yay Twitter! Contest!





I've said this many times and I will say it again. I love Twitter. I have gotten so much further with my writing career with it than without it. If you are a writer and you're not on Twitter, here's what you're missing:

1.)A fingertip on the pulse of the publishing world.
There are tweets and links galore from everyone in the industry 24/7 that provide invaluable information.

2.) #AskAgent!
Approximately once a month, a few literary agents volunteer their time to answer questions. Editors often jump in too!

3.) Connections to other authors. This has been my favorite. We constantly motivate each other and share our struggles. In fact, I have found all my critique partners on twitter.

4.) Contests! They are all over the place. You can win free books, critiques, and other fun stuff.

And speaking of contests: I am having one here. My 1000th follower will win his or her choice of one of these gently used classics.

1.)FRANKENSTEIN, by Mary Shelley

2.) INFERNO, the Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri

3.) UNCLE TOM'S CABIN, by Harriet Beecher Stowe

4.) JANE EYRE, by Charlotte Bronte

5.) THE ELEMENTS OF STYLE, by William Strunk and E.B. White


Not only that but 2 new random blog followers will be entered, and one who leaves a comment.

10 comments:

  1. Here is my comment.
    Please sign me up.

    lucybeugelingramos at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! I love being on Twitter too! It really makes a huge difference in keeping me motivated... I've also met crit partners and made good friends that way.

    Sign me up for the contest! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I found all my betas on twitter too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, i would like to count me in for this :)

    uniquas at ymail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, only 85 twitter followers to go, I'm considering drawing this contest early....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so I wasn't number 1000 (on Twitter), but you sound like a cool person to follow anyway :-) and I'm just starting out of this Tweeting thing. Anyone who has Jane Eyre and The Gunslinger on the same blog has to be interesting (not to mention, I love you wedding dress).
    Koreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, ooooh I like books. I like winning them too. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be drawing winners in 2 weeks. (Need to get money for postage, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and nice to meetcha, Koreen! You seem cool as well!

    ReplyDelete